Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Beyonce on Music: "I'm Not In a Box"

Hoping to bring something to the table that hasn't been seen before, Beyonce Knowles chatted with MTV News about her forthcoming musical effort.

Having previously voiced desire to create her "own genre of music," the "Halo" hitmaker stepped back a bit by saying, "Well, I wouldn't say I'm inventing a new genre. I'm mixing every type of genre that I love and I'm inspired by every type of genre."

Continuing to express her desire to cross different boundaries, the 29-year-old told, "I'm not in a box. It's not R&B. It's not typically pop. It's not rock. It's just everything I love all mixed together in my own little gumbo of music."

As for her musical inspirations, Miss Knowles revealed, "Definitely Fela Kuti, the Stylistics. How random, right? So many people ... Lauryn Hill, Stevie Wonder, of course, Michael Jackson's Off the Wall ... all of those things I'm kind of mixing together."

Ali Larter Jamie Lynn Sigler Shana Hiatt Esther CaƱadas Missi Pyle

No comments:

Post a Comment