Tuesday, November 23, 2010

DWTS shocker: Brandy is eliminated, Bristol in the finals!

DWTS1117.jpg
Just when you thought the eliminations couldn?t get anymore shocking, Dancing With the Stars delivered its biggest shock of the season when finals frontrunners Brandy and her partner, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, were ousted on last night?s elimination show.

The couple, who received their first perfect score (30 out of 30) on Monday?s performance show for their tango (combined with another 27 points for their paso doble), finished third on the leaderboard with a total of 57 out of 60. However, in a season where doing well ensures going home, Brandy and Maks were no exception.

?I know I gave it everything I had and I have absolutely no regrets at all,? admitted Brandy after the news. ?I am absolutely fine,? added Maks, who is known to be feisty and vocal when not happy with the show?s decisions. ?This has probably been the most rewarding season for me as I didn?t just do my job as a professional, I was helping a friend.?

Brandy credits her time on the show for reviving her inner-confidence, something she lost following a fatal 2006 car accident she was involved in that took the life of one person, and giving her the strength to power forward in life. She also got to bond with fellow competitor Jennifer Grey, who went through a similar incident in 1987. ?I was aware of Jennifer?s experience, but we hadn?t found a moment to connect,? revealed Brandy. ?But she said to me, after watching Monday night?s package, that she felt even more connected to me and what I had gone through. It was a beautiful moment between us both. I was really happy she said that to me. I feel alone about it at times, too.?

Next Monday and Tuesday the show?s three remaining contestants, Bristol Palin, Jennifer Grey and Kyle Massey, will all duke it out in the finals in an attempt to take home the mirror ball trophy. And with Bristol consistently scoring low, yet making it all the way through, who will win is anyone?s guess.

For more with Brandy and Maks, click here.

Amber Valletta Nicollette Sheridan Amanda Detmer Maggie Grace Bridget Moynahan

No comments:

Post a Comment