Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Michael Jackson Cirque Du Soleil Tour Details Revealed

'Michael will be represented in every way possible,' writer/director Jamie King tells MTV News.
By Jocelyn Vena, with reporting by Matt Elias


Michael Jackson
Photo: Al Messerschmidt Archive / Getty Images

Michael Jackson might be gone, but he's certainly not forgotten. With new music to be released on his posthumous album and a Jackson-centric Cirque du Soleil show set to hit the road next fall, MJ's pop-culture influence is still going strong.

When MTV News spoke to writer/director Jamie King, who is helming the Cirque du Soleil Immortal World Tour, he made it clear that when fans come out to see the show, Jackson's presence will be felt.

"It started with the music for me. I had to go back. I mean, we all know the Michael Jackson hits, but I really just wanted to sit and remember why I, as a fan, loved Michael and what his lyrics meant to me," he said. "I really started there, and ... it kind of became a snowball, wherein a story was being created for me. I was invited to Neverland [Ranch], and once I got there, I knew this was the environment I wanted to create for this show.

"Michael will be represented in every way possible, and that is from the video elements, holographic-type images and installation pieces to, of course, the choreography and that energy he gave onstage," King continued. "Essentially, there are living beings that are giving that energy that Michael would. Michael's lead vocal will always be there, because no one could sing it like Michael, but around that and outside of that, I'm going to be playing with remixing and mashing up, as well as give you some surprises and unreleased songs."

Without giving away too much about the 90-minute Jackson spectacular, King teased a bit about what Jackson maniacs can expect: "Michael's songs are the score for the show, and they guide us and lead us. ... Essentially, it's about following several characters as they get transported through a portal into Michael's world. This place is Neverland. In that world, we discover all kinds of things about Michael. Things we know ... and secrets."

What are you expecting from the MJ Cirque du Soleil show? Let us know in the comments!

Related Photos Related Artists

Tila Tequila Leslie Bega Larissa Meek Moon Bloodgood Emmanuelle Vaugier

No comments:

Post a Comment